Wick in Soy 8oz Jelly Jar

I poured an 8oz JJ of 100% Soy. I used the FO, Christmas Mulberry. I actually used about 6oz of soy and 1/4 oz of FO. I used a CD-8 wick. I am not getting any soot, YEAH! However, the flame got pretty big after a couple of hours and really started mushrooming? Do I need to wick down or do I need to wick up? Not real sure. I can't imagine using a smaller wick. Any suggestions?:confused:

Paula

During some recent testing of new wax with various types and 2-3 sizes of each type of wick, I discovered that the smaller wicks were mushrooming worse than the larger sizes. I always thought it was the other way around? :confused: I noticed this with cd's and htp's. I also use a cd12 in the 8 oz jj with soy. Are you getting a full melt pool? Even if so, I'd try going up a size or two to compare. For initial testing, I like to use 2-3 sizes of each wick type to compare mushrooming, burn time, length of time it takes to get a full meltpool, etc. Then I continue testing with the best performer.

I poured another one using a CD-10. I've only been burning it for about an hour and the flame is already too big. Could the flame get smaller if I use a CD-12? I have also ordered some HTP-104 & 105's to try. I'm just really getting frustrated with trying to get these JJ's wicked.

Paula:embarasse