Red Currant question

JonB

some of you may remember the letters Votivo were sending out telling candle makers that the scent name Red Currant is trademarked. My question is how can a large company like Illuminations use the very same name. Are Votivo & Illuminations sister companies?

btw- if you are looking for a perfect dupe of Votivo Red Currant, the Fo can be found at Bitter Creek South. it's awesome and right on!:grin2:

My understanding is the votivo red current is one of the shaw mudge fos. All I can tell you is that this particular one (shaw mudge) is my favorite one. Is an excellent FO! I bought mine from KY actually - hers (Vicky's) is the shaw mudge one and she still carries this one and a couple others from when she used to distribute some of the shaw mudge line.

http://store.scent-works.com/shmuredcu.html (you'll see here they even say its the votivo)

http://www.kycandlewaxsupply.com/fragrance.htm

I don't know anything about the trademark stuff. Haven't tried the BCS but now you have me curious :). I haven't tried anything from the shaw mudge line that I didn't like! The Red Tea, Ocean, and Hyacyth are excellent.

:grin2: you are so right about Shaw Mudge FO's-they rock! Thanks for including the links to the SM suppliers. strong throwing oils.

My favs from SM are:

Raspberry

Grapefruit

Green Tea

Angelina

Nebraska Sunflowers

Hyacyth is perfect....I agree.

I have not sampled their Red Currant. I found the Bitter Creek South dupe, and ended my search!

I don't know that much about the trademark stuff either. I find it very weird that Votive caused so much stink about the Red Currant name to find a company as big as Illunimations selling a candle by the same name 'Red Currant' ???

Thanks again for your reply.

rock on.