What is super clear Wax?

I really try to keep up on things, [but]! Has anyone ever heard of a super clear wax that you can make molds with? I don't mean gel wax though.

I asked a mold maker what wax they used for some of their molds because they came out clear. Really neat looking! They said it wasn't gel, it was a clear wax, and when I look for it to make sure it is a super clear wax.:confused: If anyone knows, where can you find it?

Any help would be appreciated! Tia.

When I was playing with it.

1. it did not come out of mold easy, the stuff is really soft it dents and fingerprints super easy. You have to be really careful when handling it. The stuff is like butter you can cut it with a butter knife so it would make sense that there would be handling problems. For a while candlewic sold a really slick paper you could line your molds with to get it out. I never play long enough with it to get my wicking right.

2.You also have the same restriction as gel wax you have to use non polar FO the reason is clouding issues. That is what Candlewic said when they first started to offer it.

3. You have to coat it with a special coating to prevent fingerprints and to keep the shine. http://www.dpswax.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=05-GL-Sylvacote&Category_Code=GEL that stuff is not cheap.

There is a reason most of the big supplier are not carrying it any more one is cost the other was that stuff is just to fragile.

I do not know about you guys but I do not think I would like to pack those candles from show to show. plus customers handling them even if you had the shrinked wrap would be a nightmare. I catch customers scratching at my candles now can you imagine the damage they would do to them.

When I did more gel candle I had customers poke and dig in my candles it drove me nuts. They would do the same with this stuff.

Well I do not know I never messed with the container wax of this because if I was going to have the same restrictions as gel wax what was the point. Plus the cost would jump my candles up to a price my market could not absorb.

On top of that if the container wax was like the pillar form it would have that yellow cast also so I would not be able to make a really clear uncolored candle.

Truthfully when I crunched the numbers this stuff was not cost effective for my market. Truthfully with the economy the way it is now I am not sure it is cost effective for any market.