Lotion Bottles?

WickTricks

Here's a link that gives a little detail on what each type of plastic is good for. If you look at lotion that is sold in retail stores, you will find it is available in both types of containers, but most often it is in HDPE.

http://www.freundcontainer.com/article.asp_Q_ai_E_85

If you're making your lotion from scratch and will be heating and pouring it without it cooling, maybe PET is the best option.

Either type of plastic will work fine for lotions. It is more a personal preference issue on what you like the look of.

Keep in mind that bottles are sold by the volume capacity, which means that in an 8 oz bottle is designed to hold 8 fluid ounces of product. To determine fill level, you can use a liquid measuring cup and put 8 oz of water into a bottle. This will show you the fill line of the bottle. You should not fill the bottle any higher than that point. Over filling a bottle can lead to catastrophic failure of the container when the product warms up (Left in a hot car) and expands.

I hope this information helps,

Bill Griffith

BayouSome.com, Inc

http://www.bayousome.com

It depends a lot on the thickness of your lotion and how you will dispense it.

PET is usually crystal clear but very rigid... not very squeeze-able so thicker (but not too thick) products will do better with a pump and not a flip top...

HDPE is softer (as a rule) and easier to squeeze so a flip or disc top may work (once again, depending on your lotion)

I would suggest ordering a few samples (including different dispensing tops and pumps) to see what works best for your lotion.

If your product is very thick, like body cream or butter, use a jar

HTH

Ok I am looking like everyone else that asked about the lotions bottles a nice looking fun bottle at a good price.

Any ideas------------

Not so high in quantity-----I don't want to order 1,000 bottles yet.

What has everyone found to be the better place to order lotion bottles?

Thank u

Much

Kathy

Guest Ox_B_love

I ordered all flip top lotion bottles. Also im using lotion base, and unscented lotion base with jojoba. So would these bases be too thick for the flip top bottles and how could i make it more thinner what coudl i add??