How to use milkyway molds for soaps

ashwini

I purchased few milkyway molds.

I do CP mostly. Do I need to use mold spray or something ...for easy release of soaps from molds?

I remelted previously prepared soaps, and filled those milkyway molds, without any spray. Not able to release the soaps, even after letting the soap dry for few days.

Please help me...

You should at least on your first few uses, spray these molds. Once you've gotten them seasoned, you should not usually need to spray them. Since you didn't spray them, they will need lots of time to cure before you can remove them and I'm sure it will be a bear to get them out I've currently got a gbatch stuck in my new Tony's molds that won't for the life of me come out so I can feel your pain and frustration. I even sprayed these molds before use so sometimes treating the mold doesn't work.:sad2:

Be careful putting these molds in the fridge for too long as they can crack easily while trying to unmold the soap if the mold is too cold. HTH.

• 4 months later...

I'm not sure candle spray would be safe for soap but I've heard they do make a silicone spray for food or plants that would be safe. Vaseline would be O.K., mineral and baby oil. Maybe someone knows of some others.