fundraisers

sassyQ

For those of you who do these, do you offer a certain amount of scents? Also, do you have a choice on containers??? I am getting ready to plan for one and was just wondering on choices. I have been reading about them on here and have gotten some really great information already. Thanks in advance.

I let them choose 10 scents, that way it is enough to cover floral, fruity, spicy, fresh and holiday if close enough to one. I select the container and then suggest a price to them, telling them what I have to have and what they could probably be able to sell them for where we live and they are being sold. That has always worked out good with the ones I have done.

I would love to get 'into' the fundraising arena. Around here, though, most every school already has 'their' candle vendor. And most of them, apparently, will only 'do' one candle event a year.

Any advice on getting 'into' the market for those who are doing this successfully? A good fundraiser would be a huge bonus to my family. Especially in these economic times.

I would love to get 'into' the fundraising arena. Around here, though, most every school already has 'their' candle vendor. And most of them, apparently, will only 'do' one candle event a year.

Any advice on getting 'into' the market for those who are doing this successfully? A good fundraiser would be a huge bonus to my family. Especially in these economic times.

Maybe take some of the groups a sample candle with a fundraiser brochure, that's what I'm doing, especially the ones who have never purchased from me before. Let them see that your product is better than what they are currently selling. I know alot of the schools around here do the Home Int. candles, hopefully I can change all that and get em' som good candles to sell.:cheesy2:

I also gave candles to all the teachers at my DD & DS's preschool for Christmas this past year, and now they are talking fundraiser. Keep your fingers crossed for me, and I'll do the same for you.

Good Luck

Jennifer

I actually work as a tutor at a local elementary school. I gave every one of the teachers that I support, and admin, candles for holiday gifts! So far one teacher has said she wants to buy more!

So that is good. But it is when you get 'into' the high schools that the money is made (or so I hear...)

we'll see. I'm going to start promoting my candles a lot more this year. Thanks for the suggestion.

On your brochure, how do you do that? do you print it up and show pictures of your candles or have a print shop do it? Also, how do you get your scent choices to them? I mean like in a tart or t light, or how do they actually smell the scents?

I use 10 scents with the 10 oz dodecagon jar. Makes for a nice container candle. I found out if you take the time and give them a sample of each of your fragrances it can increase sales dramatically. I use small souflee cups and pour about half full than you can lid them throw them in a large zip lock baggie and hand them out.

HTH

Steph