Color Is Seizing Soap?

Billie

I have made several batches of CPHP recently. The last two have seized as soon as I add the color to the small amount I pull out. There is no FO in this so I don't understand why the last two have done this after so many good batches. Same recipe for them all. It was so thick you couldn't swirl it in the main pot, it was like clay. I use oxides and ultra marines mixed with glycerin in squeeze bottles. Anyone have any idea why some colors worked out and the black and blue didn't? I appreciate any help.

Thanks

I agree that it is the color. Last night I was soaping my usual recipe with 4 different colors I was swirling in the batch. One of the colors I was using was the new red I received from OT, and it was the only one of my colors that seized on me. The rest were fine and I was able to use all of them to swirl. Not so with the red. I have no idea why this happens but I can feel your pain.

Thanks Meridith Old person here but fairly new addict. LOL Now that I think about it, it is only the colors I mixed several months ago doing this. All of my new Neons are working fine. I had put them in 4 oz. bottles and don't soap as much as you all do. I think I will dump them and make much smaller amounts with new glycerin. Ugh! :sad2:

Thanks to both of you

Thanks Meridith Old person here but fairly new addict. LOL Now that I think about it, it is only the colors I mixed several months ago doing this. All of my new Neons are working fine. I had put them in 4 oz. bottles and don't soap as much as you all do. I think I will dump them and make much smaller amounts with new glycerin. Ugh! :sad2:

Thanks to both of you

I've had my electric kiwi from SS do this many times as well and I don't use glycerin with these colorants nor did I use glycerin with the new red. Based on that, I'm doubtful the glycerin in any way contributed to your problem and believe it is the colorant that caused the seize.