HELP New business name

LynnS

Starting a new business.This will be organic pet treats. Will be making some products but some will be purchased wholesale.

I will get another tax ID for this and would like to get some ideas for names. I just cannot think of some cutsey or unique ones.Just the same like Organic Pet Food(sure that is taken).

Any of you have some unique or different name ideas.Not to long but just to the point on what is offered. I guess natural or organic should be there but really doesn't matter. That could go below the company name.

Any HELP with this.I have thought about this before and then get busy and forget.Now I am ready. Been surfing for recipes and have a few already.

Of course I will have to check and see if they are available for a domain name.

I will stick with candles too but feel this is going to slow down more this year but people and pets have to eat.

LynnS

Picky Pooch, Natural Dog, Yes, I'm Spoiled Dog Treats, Health Nut Doggie Treats, Only The Best, Back To Nature, Doggie Heaven, My Best Friend, Gourmet Delight, My Special Pal, Natures Best, Good Enough To Eat, All Natural, Organic Wonders, Organic Dog, Mr. Organic, Organic Gourmet, thats is. I like that one. Organic Gourmet Doggie Treats. That says it all. :yay:

Lots of those names are taken, some trademarked (I only know this from helping another member with the same type of name).

I'll toss a few out there too:

Barking Bistro

Bow Wow Bistro

Canine Cabaret

Wholesome Treats for Pet Eats

Puppy Purities (Though this one might be taken)

Fickle Fido's Fancies

You mention pets, but not dogs, be careful in cat recipes (not saying you aren't at all, just bringing it up for thought), because many cats tummies are not tolerant of many things at all. A few of the kitties I've had can't handle ANY treats, and another can only handle tuna balls (I know that sounds weird). Kitties are very finicky and some have very touchy tummies.

I'm not sure on this, a couple of trade articles I read (not necessarily pet treats of course) are starting to come out and have a backlash against the word "natural" because of so many items that can be labeled natural under current law that aren't. Several exposes have created some movement on the "green" front. If you are covering a whole new venture, it's something to think on and possibly research.

This is one of the articles I read and it's been cross referenced in a few other articles too. http://www.naturalnews.com/005778.html

Natural News can be a bit "hypish" sometimes, but all in all, some really good articles there.

I will read up on this.I think I read awhile back if made in your home the county does a inspection. I believe there was also something here a couple years ago.

Just like if you bake wedding cakes etc in your homes.

Pets are like People. All the same law probably apply

LynnS

Yeah, they will inspect your home or you could rent out a commercial kitchen by the hour if there is one near you, to save the headache of having an inspection. I was making dog treats for awhile and then it was decided where I live that all the recipes had to be independently lab tested with all the pertinent info placed on all labels. Was too expensive for me to continue so I just stopped. But I did have tons of fun baking them :)

Angi

Soapbox

I am in Ohio and I bet the same with our state. Lab Test everything. I met someone a few years ago that did great in sales for the treats. Gave me their card but I lost it. They had a commercial building.

Kinda hard to start with a commercial building with the rental cost. Don't know if you will succeed. :confused:

LynnS

Soapbox

I am in Ohio and I bet the same with our state. Lab Test everything. I met someone a few years ago that did great in sales for the treats. Gave me their card but I lost it. They had a commercial building.

Kinda hard to start with a commercial building with the rental cost. Don't know if you will succeed. :confused:

LynnS

Contact some of the bigger churches in your area. Most of them have commercial kitchens and they might be willing to rent you the kitchen 1-2 days a weeks when they're not using it.

I know someone that makes/sells BBQ sauce and he rents a commercial kitchen twice a month, makes enough product in one day for the next 2-4 weeks, then stores it in another commercial building (i.e. storage facility), all while he lives in an apartment. He simply rents what he needs to pass the inspection for his licensing.