More FO Reviews

evesorto

Here are some reviews of oils which I bought off of the classys or received as free samples from various suppliers.

Wax is igi 4627, fo is 10%, wick is eco 2 and container is a two oz. tin, appx 2" diameter. I am now allowing the candle to burn for 2 hours before I rate it. I am using my master bedroom which is appx 15'x20' with 8 ft ceilings.

A rating of "10" means that the scent filled the room and was an extremely powerful scent.

A rating of "9" means that the scent filled the room.

A rating of "8" means that the scent filled the room but was a "barely there" type of scent.

Anything lower than an "8", I rated as "0".

Solas Vanilla Plum .....just so-so to me:sad2: .................................................9

AH Nantucket Briar....not sure if I have candle nose ......................................8

NG Pumpkin Crunch.......just ok to me ........................................................9

KY Apple Pie.....perfect equal amt apple/cinnamon ........................................10

SNC Apple Pie.....ok but prefer KY.............................................................9

FOH Apricot Vanilla.......very strong fruit van scent ...........................................10

Peak Home for Holidays....my fav of the bunch...just wish it was a bit stronger...........9

Working on a dozen C&S Scents....will post as a seperate thread.

Eve

I recently tried Flicker's Granny Pumpkin Cookies. Using it as my yard stick, NG Pumpkin Crunch doesn't come close (don't know if this is bec the NG oil was old....smelled a little off oob?). The Flickers is very strong (like CS Pumpkin Souffle) but sweeter , which I prefer. Just my take...

I know people rave about Pumpkin Crunch, Vanilla Plum, etc.....they just didn't do it for me?

Eve

The Nantucket Briar 2004 version is no where as good as the original. I have tried it from WSP and NG and really don't like it at all. I really don't think you can get the original, which I love, anymore. A Garden Eastward, think that was the name - they were in GA but went out of business, had it so I bought a spare from them. There is no comparison what so ever between the 2 though. I really didn't like granny pumpkin cookies myself, like pumpkin crunch much better.

Hi Grama,

I think I emailed you re: the fact that AH was offering Nantucket Briar. It is very differnt from WSP and NG Version (which I prefer)...in my opinion the AH fo is "barely there"....not sure if the scent duplicated the original one that you prefer as I have never tried it. If you want what I have left of the ounce, let me know.

Eve

You did Eve and when I looked at it the description of it made me think it was not the original so I didn't order a sample when I placed my order from AH. Actually I am finding I like a lot of the oils from there. They are quickly becoming my #1 place for my oils. Love it that I can find them close to "home"!