How much would you charge for this basket?

KMommy

The basket will include 1 8oz. soy candle

1 8oz bag of potpourri

1 8oz Spray Air Freshener

I have some glass containers to hold the potpourri that I may include with the basket and I am considering adding 5 tarts. The most expensive item to make was definitely the potpourri. I am not sure if I am going to continue making potpourri because people here tend to be very cheap and you can get a large bag of attractive potpourri from Walmart for less than $5.00. I don't think I can match that price and break even. Without the tarts how much would you guys price this basket?

Sorry I can't include a photo - digital camera problem.

It's my first time selling the items. I have made the soy in a different and larger container in the past. First time for the other two items. The total cost for making these items and including the glass container for the potpourr was between 10.75-12.00. The filler was free and the ribbon was 7.00 for 55yards.

I have several gift sets available this year, and the most I have invested in cost on any of them is $6.00

I also throw in the basket/container, etc for free, but the most I'm willing to pay for that is $1.00-1.50

Retail for my gift sets range from $10.00-24.00 (my cost $2.50-6.00 plus basket/filler)

HTH

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Darci,

I want to shop where you do cause I can't make all of the above items for 6.00 or less - if a basket would cost 1.00 that would leave only 5.00. My glass container for the candle, wax, fragrance oil, wick, labels, bags for the potpourri, label and ribbon for potpourri, fragrance oil for potpourri, air freshener - spray bottle & spray top, label, ingredience for spray including FO, the potpourri container, shrink wrap, plus I add in a little for my shipping cost of all of these items. We do not have a local candle supply store. All those items cost me more than 5.00. How in the world do you make gift baskets with the items and have all of your supplies cost less than 6.00? Please share your secret!

Less than $6??? :eek: I'd like to know also.

KMommy, I would think you would just take your costs of the products alone, and multiply by 3 for retail cost (this is the norm for most) and then add a few bucks for packaging, and you should be set. ;)

I've paid anywhere from $25-$60 on gift baskets for family and friends, if it looked pleasing enough. LOL :D

I'm a gift basket kinda gal, love all those goodies.