liquid castile soap from melt and pour base?

bila275

I was looking up some recipes for making liquid castile soap using castile soap bars. I was wondering if it could be made with melt and pour soap since I have tons of it. And if so what would the ratio be?

And could I add extra aloe vera to make it more moisturizing and thicken the texture? And how about castor oil? I know a lot of you have said castor oil makes mp soap base more foamy/bubbly.

Thanks so much...

Bila

• 1 month later...

Hi, I cant answer your first question, but I would try it and see - if you have tons at home, you may as well give it a whirl. I would grate it and add 4 times the water for the weight of the grated mp and see what I got.

I am a big believer it experimenting and seeing how you like it. At least that way you have a starting point. You only need 100g bar of the mp to start it off and 400g of water to find out.

Also there is a thread running in this section with additives to mp, have a read there the answer to your next two questions and any other additive you can think of have been posted there.

Its amazing what has been added and very kindly the amounts have also been posted.

HTH

jo

curlycoat2

Melbourne, Australia