Body sprays/mists

Scented

I know, the easiest way is buy a base, but I don't want to.

The second easiest might be to buy CME or some other forumlatory, but I don't really want to do that either.

I do not want to make it with cyclo and FO ... too ummm ... well how is that handmade?

So, I'm wondering if it is possible to make a crystal clear body spray/mist that feels moisturizing or silk smoothe? Actually I know a crystal clear spray can be made from scratch, BUT ...

if we go beyond the P20, distilled water, touch of aloe, preservative and fragrance, how can it be kept clear?

I've made mists with glycerine or sodium lactate added and it has stayed clear, but anything after that clouds it up, apparently.

Curious what those of you who formulate your own stuff do to get clear sprays or if you even bother? Do people really care if a spray is cloudy or not?

I'd be up for suggestions to altering:

2 oz P20 (about .55 oz fragrance)

12 oz distilled water

.5 oz sodium lactate or glycerine (later I feel makes things a little sticky at first)

.5 oz aloe gel (in liquid form, not what you buy at Wal-Mart)

(Potassium sorbate for preservative)

I've even tried the above with a touch of cyclo (but that clouds it over.)

I know there are things at the Herbarie, Southern Soaper (CME) and Lotioncrafter (CME) that I could use, but let's go from scratch. Anyone want to play with discovering a more moisturizing or silky feeling body spray?

Have you tried playing around with dimethicone?

And I'm curious, why don't you consider cyclo and FO handmade? Not any more non-handmade than P20 to me... :confused:

How about some FCO in there? I think that helps with the FO miscibility and keeps things clear. I actually used the CME in an experiment and wasn't as happy as I thought I'd be - but then again I need some practice with it.

I must be a freak because I can never get sodium lactate to not feel completely icky to me, so if your recipe does work I may pseudo-steal it. ;)

ETA: The sprays I've made recently have been pretty concentrated, so maybe my input is irrelevant to what you're trying to do.

Well because it's a silicone and FO and nothing else I guess is why and I guess I don't view silicone as exactly natural, but it's also not the feel I'm going for. I view the P20 as only a binder between water and oil.

I've done the FCO in there a little bit, but could not, and probably was order of combination in which I did it, get it to not sit on top and required shaking.

The SL, when I put in place of the glycerin, took out the stickiness I was getting here. I know glyc. attracts moisture, but to me, I just felt like I was spraying on jelly.

Have you ever tried the "Hydrovance" from MMS? It says you can use this in place of glycerin in any recipe although the description on MMS' page really only talks about using it in lotion. I think I have some that I once bought intending to play with it and it seems like it is not a thick solution and its very clear so I am wondering if it will work? If you have some, it might be worth a try??