Bubbling Bath Salts

JacquiO

I got these bath salts in the Holiday Swap and I absolutely loved them! DeAnna_EC was kind enough to share her recipe with me. I've been having so much fun making them. I whipped up a few batches to give as holiday gifts.

With her permission I am posting the recipe here for anyone who would like to try to make it. I’ve converted the recipe she gave into percentages but for people who just want to keep it simple I’ve also included her easy kitchen measurements.

Bubbling Bath Salts

50% (1-1/2 Cup) Fine Sea Salt

16% (1/2 cup) Dendetric Salt

16% (1/2 cup) Cornstarch

8% (1/4 cup) Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate

8% (1/4 cup) Powdered Milk

2% Fragrance

Skin safe liquid colorant optional

Combine your dendetric salt, fragrance or essential oils and any color separately and seal in airtight container for at least 30 minutes before adding to the rest of your ingredients. I also color my dendetric salt to a medium to dark shade. It will be much lighter when combined with the remaining ingredients.

When combining all the ingredients DeAnna_EC says she uses a large ziplock bag and gives it a good shake. I use a mixing bowl and stir. I wear a dust mask when working with the SLSa.

In place of the powdered milk I’ve been adding shredded cocoa butter but lower the usage to 2%. I’ve also subbed the sea salt with a 50/50 blend of Kosher salt and Epsom salt.

:highfive: Thanks DeAnna_EC for sharing!!!

are those %s by weight then? or by volume?

DeAnna gave me volume but I've been measuring by weight so I can make bigger batches. 16oz of this stuff in weight fits a 16oz jar perfectly.

But now that I think about it I might need to adjust my percentages. I was wondering why I was using so much corn starch. I've been using about 1/2 cup of the stuff in the bath now for over a week with much success. It might just take a little tweaking.