Fundraiser counts

LisaW

Just wondered if I'm the only one with this problem. Doesn't matter how many times I check the totals when it's all done I'm off. Over, short, whatever. Please tell me I'm not the only one. I'd love some ideas on how this has been addressed. My current fundraiser turned in their order and it was for a total of 1180 candles, but by the time I finished checking their totals it was 1215. By the time I finished pulling the orders I was short one candle in one scent and over 6 candles all together. This was the first year I packaged by customer/student/teacher, but it happens just about every year. Any ideas are appreciated.

(P.S. I'm pretty sure if the school would just fill out the spreadsheet I send them that would solve the problem, but they just want to give me the totals).

First, I'd say that you need to tell the school that you will only accept the final order totals in the spreadsheet that you send them. Put that in your contract/agreement.

You should not be responsible to adding/readding their totals to make sure they are right. IMO, you should get overall totals of how much of what to make.

I don't seperate the orders either. I did have a large one that I seperated by teacher (4 classes) and that caused me the hugest problem ever.

This is for a pre-K and their order was 1200 candles. I seperated by teacher one year and they kept saying they were short. The next year I just delivered by scent, they still said they were short. This year I seperated it down, like I said, by customer/student/teacher, and it's the closest I've been to matching what they have. I know it's a pain, but I make lots off this fundraiser, they're great to work with, and I don't want to lose this account.

Like Trish said....have the school give you the final totals.

Also, I always round up to the full case. Yes, they pay for the extras. This way when I deliver, I deliver by Scent and a representative from the group is there to count the total # of cases and I dont have any problems with being short or over.

And the group can fill those stray orders from the extras. The groups I deal with usually end up selling the extras and call me wanting more.