If you had to choose 1 "tart" wax ? ? ?

felixncharlie

Hi,

I am playing around with tart making for holiday gift giving.I have quite a few wax samples and I was wondering what you thought of these waxes for tarts.....

igi 4786

KY para/soy blend

cargill naturewax P1

or if there are any more you would suggest?? Also do you have to put any additives in for making tarts besides FO and color?are there any advantages of additives in tarts.And last question does it work like candles as far as 1 oz or so FO to 1 lb wax??

Thanks and sorry for the long question but I read ALL the posts on tarts/melts until 1:30 am and could not narrow down answers but then again I could have been sleep reading.:embarasse

I use ecosoya pillar blend for my tarts, and am very happy with it. It does not require any additives. I normally get great results with 1 oz fragrance per pound of wax. The only exception is with a few scents I recently received from The Candle Source. All others I have used in the past...Candle Science, Peaks, WSP (except for their cinnamon stick), and some from the Candle Source have worked great at that amount. HTH

Hi. I'm new to the forum, but have gathered so much information from everything I've read so far. Kestagano04, you said that you use Ecosoya PB wax for tarts. I have tried to use Cargill P1 - which has a MP of 145 - which I think PB also has, but have found that my tarts do not melt all the way when placed in one of my electric tart warmers. Does PB melt better? If not, is that normal for soy tarts?

Hi Candleclaire,

I don't have any problems with the pillar blend melting in a tea light warmer, I have not used mine in an electric warmer... so I'm not sure. I haven't heard any complaints from people who have purchased from me, but I also don't know what type of warmer they are using. I do remember when I used to use an electric warmer with store bought (yankee candle) tarts, that it didn't seem to heat the wax enough to get a good scent throw. So I prefer not to use electric. I wonder if anybody else who uses the ecosoya pillar blend or any other type of soy wax would know if there are any issues with them melting completely in an electric warmer?

I prefer to use KY's Para/soy wax for tarts and votives, they always come out real creamy. No additives needed. I use one to one and a half ounces per pound, depends on what fragrance I am using at the time.

I only use electric tart warmers and have no problems with scent throw or the tarts melting.