"dry" wax???

Hello all! I am new here but have been working on perfecting a super smelly candle for quite some time now. Was wondering if anyone can give me an idea o a paraffin or para/soy blend wax that when you stick your finger in he melt pool, it sort of dries quickly and is kind of flaky? The wax's I have been trying seem to be fairly oily. Any suggestions on less oily wax?:confused:

Thanks coconut. I went to a local supplier today and spoke with the owner. He was a wealth of information so I am now testing a new container wax and wicks this evening. It was nice to meet someone who was really willing to help! This from a company that makes over 100,000 candles a day! Good to have someone like that handy to chat with...

Thanks coconut. I went to a local supplier today and spoke with the owner. He was a wealth of information so I am now testing a new container wax and wicks this evening. It was nice to meet someone who was really willing to help! This from a company that makes over 100,000 candles a day! Good to have someone like that handy to chat with...

You are very lucky. Good luck.

Why didn't you go to this huge local supplier to begin with? Who are they BTW?

I didn't know they were here! They are called Early American Candle located in Pittsburgh. I only found them when searching for some Libby glass that I am using. As for the "BS" response, they do put out about 100,000 candles a day (they have contracts with Walmart and other large retailers as well as some smaller companies) they have their wax trucked in daily in heated tankers and have one of those automated systems that mass produces everything. However, they have a very nice selection of supplies for small time chandlers like me! They carry French Color and Chem FO's (and he actually lists the FO# on the bottle of those FO's so if you get big, you can order that same exact FO from the mfgr.) He was a huge help to me. Told me the exact wick I needed to use with the wax I am testing and YES, it worked out!

BTW, just checked and you are right..... Yankee doesn't make 100,000 candles a day. It's approx 270,000 per day.

"Today, the original one-man operation employs 3,500 people — 1,000 in its supply chain alone — and produces 100 million candles a year out of a 294,000 square-foot facility in South Deerfield, Mass. Its 160 different scented candles are sold in more than 260 retail shops and 14,000 wholesale locations throughout the country, as well as through direct mail catalogs, its Web site, inter-national distributors, and a distribution center in the United Kingdom."

BTW, just checked and you are right..... Yankee doesn't make 100,000 candles a day. It's approx 270,000 per day.

"Today, the original one-man operation employs 3,500 people — 1,000 in its supply chain alone — and produces 100 million candles a year out of a 294,000 square-foot facility in South Deerfield, Mass. Its 160 different scented candles are sold in more than 260 retail shops and 14,000 wholesale locations throughout the country, as well as through direct mail catalogs, its Web site, inter-national distributors, and a distribution center in the United Kingdom."

I stand corrected. My apologies. That's over 2 candles a second... 24/7/365! :shocked2:

I don't know what they told you but I've never heard such a thing about them.

I suggest you to go somewhere else possibly to find wax, EAC is really expensive wax wise, along with their FO's. I only had luck with 2 of their FO's working and I ended up droping them because they didn't sell.

NG, ships really fast I usually get my stuff usually 2-3 days later depending when I order it. Shipping is cheap. Their in Ohio.

Candles and Supplies is in PA they have wax and it's decent priced. They also have a nice list of FO's some are hit and miss.

Backwoods is in PA, wax is decent priced and their FO's are good.

Shipping not bad at all just like NG.

There are alot of other places that aren't around PA that have great FO's it just takes longer to ship. Like for instance Suppliers in Texas, it takes 5 days for me to get my supplies. So I tend not to order from them in case I would run out of something.

Wax wise I don't know I use soy, but I have tested Joy wax from NG and 6006 wax. Both were really nice waxes.