Cbl 125

Hi Everyone, I have a question. I have 2 cases of this wax. I like the wax in general but it needs alittle tweaking. Scent throw is ok but not as strong as the j50 I normally use....and it smokes a little more than the j50. Anyone have any ideas on how to get a better scent throw with this wax? I have 3" jars using cotton wicks and 1oz pp of FO( FO isnt the problem..strong in j50). Not sure if adding vybar or stearic would help with soot or not ...or how much that would effect the throw. Any help or advice appreciated. :grin2:

Yes your FO could be the problem with throw. Just because an FO works good in the J50, doesn't mean it will be good in the CBL125.

I used to use the CBL125 a few years back and it was good, but I found I had to use 1 1/2 oz./lb for a lot of my FO's. I didn't have problems with soot when the container was wicked properly and I used LX wicks. You could always try mixing the CBL125 with some of the J50 and you'll probably get a better throw. Since the CBL125 is a blended wax you really don't need to add any other additives. :cool2:

Yes your FO could be the problem with throw. Just because an FO works good in the J50, doesn't mean it will be good in the CBL125.

I used to use the CBL125 a few years back and it was good, but I found I had to use 1 1/2 oz./lb for a lot of my FO's. I didn't have problems with soot when the container was wicked properly and I used LX wicks. You could always try mixing the CBL125 with some of the J50 and you'll probably get a better throw. Since the CBL125 is a blended wax you really don't need to add any other additives. :cool2:

Hi Thanks....I was really hoping I didnt have to use more FO. I like staying at about 6% pp....otherwise its just a waste. I know its already a blend but I was hoping with a little additive it would lessen the soot and not effect the throw that much. If you dont mind me asking, what wax are you using now? Thanks for the help