Graceful Hosting

Common Scents

I'm ambivalent about the thoughts. Yes, there's some... "confusion" on what the age is, and that does worry me. I'd thought about switching, but as mentioned, given his age, and the thought of going to school, knowing how hard it was for me to be going to school, trying the biz and running after kids, got overwhelming some days.

But then again, I also have been through the coals over my age and starting a business, so I can see both sides.

Then again, just like I raked another owner here for claiming a cart was "his" when it was clearly an open source cart, that he added a few tweaks to.... or the propogandist area, where there's blatant lies about other places - I think people are being gipped into believing he provides things other places don't. That irks me more than anything, lying to get sales. I've thought the same about one of the other host debacles here, just the same way I feel about people using FO and calling their candle all natural while other candles that use FO aren't..........

The "low" price, isn't really that low to begin with, most other hosts are comparable and even less for what he gives versus what's available (list of features publicly stated is quite low actually), if you look past Yahoo.

ETA: Then again, just as mentioned, what you lose could be worth customer support, but as mentioned already, if the support fades, what are you left with?

I was with HCM for my first site...I paid the $150 for a lifetime subscription. And you know what? I wish I would have stayed!!! I had no problems with frank or HCM even after he sold, I chose to end my relationship with the company because I THOUGHT that this gal I knew would reshape my site into a more marketable structure...It was a huge mistake. While maybe I could get more hits, I lost money because this gal totally messed up my site and failed to fix it in a timely manner. I was missing HCM like nobodies business! I ended up firing her on Thanksgiving day and I'm sure I have lost thousands of dollars and potential customers because of the mess ups and down times. Not to mention what I paid the designer!

I posted about it here and Adam set me up on graceful hosting and he was awesome! On thanksgiving we made the switch. he was off to see family that evening and was helping me right up until his foot was practically out the door! Then he got in touch while visiting with family which I think was totally above and beyond the call of duty.

To me I don't pay enough for what he has done (ummm, but I'll take it Adam, LOL!) For the time he spends even if I pay for 3 years, I still don't think I will have paid him enough.

From the time I got my site up I have made oh, hmmm. 20 times the sales of my wordpress site because it works! My customers love it and are glad my template based site similar to my HCM site is up. I'm still adding to it and Adam is still helping along the way.

I actually thought Adam was much older by how professional he is. !8 is totally news to me. Kudos to him for being great at what he does at such a young age! I hope he does great in college!