Graceful Hosting

Common Scents

Hello! I did a search first and didn't really find a whole lot of posts but does anyone here use Graceful Hosting for their website? A little back ground about me - I closed my business two years ago because it was too much for me to handle working full time & going to school full time. Since then I've moved out of state, finished school, got settled, and I'm now ready to re-open. I will start testing after the first of the year with hopes of officially re-opening by April 1, 2009. When I had my website before it was with DIY E-stores but in researching I've discovered Graceful and it looks to me like they have more features for less money. Anyone have any feedback on them? I'm not the smartest when it comes to websites but I'm not totally clueless either! LOL! Thanks for your help!

I looked at this site..Southern.Scents on this forum is the co-owner. Looks great.. When I get right ready to start a online store I think I am going with them. I checked out some of the stores they are hosting and really liked them. I also found a great bit of useful information on Adam's(Southern.Scents) blog.

I had worked on an AgoraCart but that is just tooooo difficult and time consuming and about the same price as GracefulHosting...

I am anxious to know if anyone on this board is using them and how it is working out.:grin2:

Emily

my only concern would be that the owner has publicly mentioned MANY times his young age on this very board and the fact that he'll be graduating HIGH SCHOOL in Spring 2009 and then heading off to college. To those that are way beyond those years ~ imagine if you really would have had/made the time needed support a "hosting" business.

If you get in a pinch ~ have a problem, have a question, etc. ~ are YOU going to patient while Adam is cramming for a final, sitting in a lecture hall, etc.??

I'm not knocking Adam, I think it's admirable to be so ambitious at any age, especially 17/18 ~ I just hate to see him setting himself up to be raked over the coals like another "board member" did when they became a hosting service and then had problems.

i dont use them myself but I will say I have heard nothing but good things about them here, I bet people even reply about his support being good. As far as the age thing I give it no weight at all. Younger generations start computers early so even if he is 18 he may have vast experience. lets talk about teen businesses, dell, apple, microsoft, napster, facebook and the list goes on and on. All either high school or college students or dropouts that had time for their customers. Dont let age fool you.

I am with Graceful Hosting. I have to admit... it took me a while to decide to switch to him... because I wasn't sure how things would go. Ya know... he is young... he's trying to handle his own business... plus going to school... I was on the fence at first about switching but I took a leap of faith and jumped in with both feet. I'm glad I took that leap of faith.

So far, everything is fine and smooth sailing. The customer service is GREAT. Very polite and courteous...Adam responds to emails in a timely manner (usually in a few hours), and IMO, he goes over and beyond to try to help you any way he can.

I am a very happy customer.

I'll give my opinion from personal experience also. I have switched to Graceful Hosting within the past 2 weeks. So far working with Adam has been all positive. His cart is very user friendly, and he went above and beyond for me to get my site switched over.

My old site was all HTML coding, with separate FTP and shopping cart programs. It was time consuming to maintain and didn't have all the reports and options I have now. I researched and compared other DIY carts to Graceful Hosting and opted to go with Adam.

My goals for 2009 is to redesign my website look along with all my product labels. I wasn't ready to impulsively purchase a template just to make the switch so he took my old backgrounds, buttons and graphics and transfered them. That in itself is customer service worth praise.

Thanks for all the feedback. Honestly, the age thing has no bearing for me. I myself am only 25 years old so I think it would be a little hypicritical of me to judge a business by the age of its owner. And had I not been a member of this board and made this post, who knows when I would have found out how old the owner is! But I appreciate that it was pointed out as something to consider. I believe he also has a month to month payment option so if I were to become unsatisified I could find a new host. If anyone else has any feedback I'd love to hear it. Thanks again!

I am happy with Designer218, but I have to admit that his low price is tempting. I don't have a problem with his age at all and see him as a responsible and aggressive businessman. However, when I gave thoughts to switching it was with the understanding that he is the full owner. If he has a partner, I would want to know who that partner is. There are certain cyber people that I would never want to have business dealings with ever again after being ripped off.

I looked at this site..Southern.Scents on this forum is the co-owner. Looks great.. When I get right ready to start a online store I think I am going with them. I checked out some of the stores they are hosting and really liked them. I also found a great bit of useful information on Adam's(Southern.Scents) blog.

I had worked on an AgoraCart but that is just tooooo difficult and time consuming and about the same price as GracefulHosting...

I am anxious to know if anyone on this board is using them and how it is working out.:grin2:

Emily

That was my original post but I might possibly have been wrong about Adam being the co-owner..:embarasse I thought I had read or he had told me but after posting earlier I went and looked again at the site and the blog and didn't see anyone but Adam.... Sorry if I was taking your hard earned credit away Adam!!!

I am glad to hear the positive responses.... I think I am ready but still questioning myself but when I get ready I am definetly going with GracefulHosting!

Emily

Adam is the best. My thoughts on this are....he is young...he is a very hard working young man and deserves a chance. He not only has been a wonderful host...he loaded my entire site for me. He also adjusted a few tiny things that were bugging me and all within 24 hours!! Try That with your current host. Hell I had to wait a week for a response before. He also just sent me a Christmas card. He is very professional and grateful for the business. I highly suggest using Graceful Hosting.

I'll say it again so my words don't get misinterpreted ... I have no problem with age ~ I just have concerns that he's taking on a bunch of new clients here on this board before he graduated from high school (which he makes it sound like that's a breeze ~ minimal class load, answers emails at school, etc.) and then going to college which is likely (as it should be) harder, and needs more of his time and attention.

I have no doubt he is giving amazing customer service right now, but will the same be true in 9 months when he's eyeball deep in people jumping ship from a few other hosts and he's potentially over his head with school work? How patient and understanding will you be??

Those that have said "it's worth it to give him a chance" ... I do agree. I just hope your words remain as kind if something goes wrong later. I admire the young man for his ambition, just think he's biting off more than he can chew here.

I dont want to flame here but I have to chime in and say I totally disagree with soapmom. There are countless examples of how the younger generation can work and go to college. I am sure a fair chunk of this board manages to run there business as well as deal with running there households. Husbands, kids, school, diapers etc etc. and college has to be easier than kids. If I had to guess I would say adam would probably attend a college or tech school related to computers or internet. That would make it all fit right in. The fact that he seems to be so well intuned with customer support should let everyone no he has a little insight on business and I can only guess on his future. I cant endorse him because I dont use or know him but I give him props

I have too looked at Graceful Hosting when I decide to do a website of my own. One of the things that not only impresses me about Adam and the very reason why I will use Graceful Hosting is his age. I love when I see this in young people. That ambition and drive to work hard. You can tell he likes what he does...it shows on every site that I have been on that has 'Graceful Hosting' at the bottom of the page. Even though the owners have the majority of the design credit....the flow of these boards are just different to me and I can't really explain how they just are. So I can only attribute that to the one thing they all have in common....that is Adam. I have not had any exchanges with this young man, but I have read his posts and for someone his age, he has a lot going for himself.

My only concern is that sometimes when people start off really well and things really take off, the quest to make more money can lead to other parts of the business suffering. Like say if you take on new employees, they are not vested in the company so being that this is a small business, you lose that personal touch. I just hope that Adam never allows his business to outgrow what he can handle. But from what I have seen, I think he is too smart for that.;)

Way to go Adam and I look forward to doing business with you in 2009!

I am a Proud Graceful Host customer and could not be more happier. Adam has excellent customer service and stays on top of add-on/features to help his customer's sites run smoothly, stay protected and look great. He it truly an admirable individual.

I can recall a time when Adam lied about his gender, lied about his age, etc. so I wonder if those of you so enthralled with him were around in those days!

I can also recall a certain other *host* that was on this forum and members flocked to them thinking it was the greatest thing since sliced bread only to be burned.

I prefer a host that's a hosting company 100% of the time. I'm really shocked so many of you are willing to stake your BUSINESS on this kid. I can only assume this business is also not your full time job 100% of the time, therefore you're not worried, but excited about his youthful outlook.

There was a very good reason Adam didn't disclose his age and gender. I never knew it was a requirement on this board, I haven't disclosed my age or gender. Quack, what age and sex are you? Besides, seeing as you only just joined the board recently, it is amazing that you recall a time on here when you weren't a member, I mean we are busy crucifying each other aren't we? He has been here for two years, you have only "been" here on Quack for a few months! Amazing memory you have there!

Adam has dealt with enough crap on this board to last a century. He has done fine. He has been around for two years. I hardly see any reason to slam him for what people think he may do. That is ridiculous--what was that movie with Tom Cruise? The one where they arrest people because what they do in the future? Is that what do now, guilty before anything has been done because you stereotype him hang him for that although he hasn't done anything? Rather sad IMO.

Kudos to you Adam, you have proved yourself to be a successful business person, beyond many on this board have managed. Keep on going!

There was a very good reason Adam didn't disclose his age and gender. I never knew it was a requirement on this board, I haven't disclosed my age or gender. Quack, what age and sex are you? Besides, seeing as you only just joined the board recently, it is amazing that you recall a time on here when you weren't a member, I mean we are busy crucifying each other aren't we? He has been here for two years, you have only "been" here on Quack for a few months! Amazing memory you have there!

Adam has dealt with enough crap on this board to last a century. He has done fine. He has been around for two years. I hardly see any reason to slam him for what people think he may do. That is ridiculous--what was that movie with Tom Cruise? The one where they arrest people because what they do in the future? Is that what do now, guilty before anything has been done because you stereotype him hang him for that although he hasn't done anything? Rather sad IMO.

Kudos to you Adam, you have proved yourself to be a successful business person, beyond many on this board have managed. Keep on going!

Very well put Di. :highfive: I also am very proud of you Adam for what you have accomplished in the two short years you have been on this board. Keep up the great service you provide.;)

I was a member a long time ago (how else would I know of such facts), but signed up with a new name when I had problems with my email getting hacked.

Minority Report is the movie you're referring to.

You don't need to know my age or gender, nor do I care to know yours. I'm only stating what Adam divulged himself. If you REALLY want to know, I'm a middle aged, bi-racial woman.

His birthday is even in question if you want to get technical. On another board he claimed to miss election day by 4 days, yet on here his birthday was just a week or so ago. Small details, sure, but still reflect his maturity in my opinion.

I wish everyone the best of luck, seriously, I just have seen other services offered on here, people jump on the bandwagon and crucify the owner later. I would hate to see that happen to this kid. You all so soon seem to forget Hand Craft Market. It was the greatest thing ever, and turned into quite a mess to say the least. How many got burned and are still picking up the pieces??? Oh, I forgot ... Adam swooped in and saved the day.

I think Adam would have been best served to develop his business away from this board. Doing business with FRIENDS rarely works.

Only time will tell. This is a young person, and a young business. He came into hosting because of his bad experience with his prior host. I don't personally believe he has the experience necessary to do the job. I could be wrong. I've seen in the past years how he bites off more than he can chew, then fixes it. I wish him well, but do not want my business as part of this bandwagon. Gender/race has nothing to do with it, except when Adam came to this board he blatantly lied about who he was, and only after he was exposed did he come back around. I've seen his postings on other boards, and as a supplier, I would NOT want someone who is considered a "supplier" to be making the comments he makes. But once again, my own personal experience and opinion.

I do hope everyone who is part of this hosting company has good luck with it. I personally would choose someone else.

I was Adams first customer and I didnt even think twice about switching my site over to his hosting service. I knew it was a risk because there was no one I could ask about how his services were. But through out the emails that we passed back and forth I could tell that he was going to be very helpful and that I would be happy with his services. I didnt even know his age until about 3 weeks after I signed up. His age never bothered me. I was actually happy to see someone younger doing something positive with his life! I will be with graceful hosting as long as it is available! (and I am sure that will be a long time)

* I also got a very nice Christmas card from him! Thanks Adam for everything that you do for me!!!!!

Well, I'm only 31 and...................... *lol* Ok, I tried to slide myself in the "younger" catagory...

I was leary (at first) because Adam was so young, but he's been nothing but excellent since I switched hosts! He's VERY thorough and works hard to get information to some of us less than savvy techies out here when we're having an issue. I also received a lovely sparkly holiday card from him. I'd definitely recommend Graceful Hosting! :yay: