How many of you do Spring shows?

smiley_miley

I am starting to get into doing shows. The thing is, I have a limited amount of money, and am afraid of going to a show in the Spring and not doing well. My question is, how many of you do Spring shows? Do you do well?

I found a couple in March, April, and May that I can apply to if I want to. Is one of these months better than others? I know Spring is usually the slowest time of year for sales, but I thought about maybe giving it a try.

Any suggestions? Any tips at all would be so helpful!

If you're going to do Spring shows, focus on Aprilish before Mother's Day. Make up Mother's Day gift baskets.

Candles will definetly go down in sales, but if you do some bath & body, you should be able to help offset it a bit. Stick with summery things like, foot treatments so people are thinking sandals.

Me personally, I don't do spring shows, but that's just in my area.

Last spring I did two shows...one was in March in a mall and was HORRIBLE...the second was in April and was the local Dogwood festival and was great! I will NEVER do another mall show as long as I live. It was a terrible atmosphere. The outdoor show was soo much better, it rained and a lot of vendors didn't even show, we stuck it out and did really well. But like I said it is a big festival that is REALLY well advertised, and the booth fee was cheap. I'm going to do another outdoor festival this March that is two weekends in a row and is really well known and advertised. I'll be doing the Dogwood festival again too. I didn't do any Mother's day stuff, just plain old candles. I may do some Mother's day this year just to see how it does. So my two cents, pick the best one that you can afford and give it a shot. If its really well advertised then you should be fine! Just don't go in expecting it to be as big as fall and holiday shows. Thats my opinion! :grin2:

I do one spring show that is well advertised and put on by the same people that are doing the show I'm in right now. My slowest months are Jan, Feb and early march because of so many Christmas sales.

I do pretty good at this show although it's not great money, it pays the bill and buys more supplies.:cool2:

I sell a lot more soap , lotions, etc... in the summer. Candles are slow but i do pretty well. I would not do a show with candles only. I also have wholesale accounts, which makes a difference with candles, I think, because they always want to have some of my products in their stores. Votives are very strong in the spring and summer, I think people buy them as add ons, hostess gifts that kind of thing.