Bath Melt OVERLOAD!!!

maryann

I have been making these for the last 4 days and each batch turns out different :confused:. So I'm offically out of (unscented) Cocoa Butter :sad2:. I've thrown out 2 batches as it foamed all over the place. I experimented with a few ...the pink ones almost look like cupcakes because they foamed a TINY bit, just glad they still work. I also tried a mixture of bath salts, DSS, and epsom colored pink on them. The pink faded due to the DSS (that's my theory), two I sprinked with sugar but the pink was too bright just to see what it would look like. Trying to match scents w/ accent colors. I don't want to color the melt itself because it leaves a ring around the tub. I thought that the salts were a good idea its benefical and gives dimention. I think my next experiment will be w/ just bath salts not DSS in it as the bath salts are "drier".

The smooshed ones I brought to a show and they weren't rock hard so they got it on the way home (just glad they looked good for the show). Pink ones are Pink Sugar (of course)

[ATTACH]2787[/ATTACH]

The white ones are warm vanilla sugar and turn out BEAUTIFUL. Did last night, I probably should have kept going as they turned out the best of all I did. The heart and flower shaped ones I did last night too (guess the B&B gods were with me last night and decided to stay today with my whipped shea :grin2:). They are scented lavender. The flowers I'm hoping to use along with a combo of other bath ingredients (that'll be a differ post someday to get opinions). Green salt sprinkled ones are spanish melon.

[ATTACH]2788[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2789[/ATTACH]

sorry for the book :tongue2:

post-119-139458385342_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458385345_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458385347_thumb.jpg

That's the one and only :grin2:. I LUV this recipe I only change the FO's in it. I first tried it back on the old boards with the cocoa powder and it left a brown ring around my tub. I didn't mind but I don't want to sell to customers and have that happen to them. So I'm trying to come up w/ a way to "color" them w/out coloring the melt itself (to avoid a color ring around the tub). That's where the salts are coming in to play. I'm packaging them with a tealight of the same scent (2 baths worth) in a clear plastic votive box tied with a ribbon.