wax and fragrances

Can some one tell me which wax is best for a good scent throw for the electric grubby candles. I have only worked with soy and I know I need a pillar wax. There are so many different fragrant loads (3% - 9%) and some for cold throw (which I assume I need Hot throw). And I am just confused now.:undecided I was going to go with 1343 but am unsure now because of the 3% fragrance load.

Also I have narrowed down to 2 fragrance suppliers JS and Peaks (seems to be a majority of favorites here). I was going to buy their 1 oz. samples to see which I like best. Just wondering if anyone has ever bought from Taylored Concepts and if their scents are any good. I just saw they had alot of scents and prices looked o.k. Or if JS or Peaks is better. Any info greatly appreciated.:yay:

I am sure someone will come in here that has a little more experience than I do, but here is what I have seen in the 3 that I have done.

I have used 1343 for them and they turned out fine. I think I did put 5% FO in it. I am told that the KY143 paraffin pillar blend works well for these too, don't know how much FO this holds, but you could E-mail Vickey, she is very helpful. Also, I got smoking in the 1343 with a 5 or 6 watt silicone bulb. I determined that I needed a 3 watt, which I don't feel got it quite warm enough to engage a good throw. Maybe I will try again one of these days with another pillar or pillar blend that holds more FO.

Taylored Concepts FO's are wonderful. Robert is the owner and I understand he mixes all of his own oils. He is super helpful as is all of his staff. You can't go wrong with dealing with them.

Thanks again for your help Kaybee, I will have to look into the waxes some more. There aren't a whole lot of 3 watt bulbs or 5 watt. Mostly 6 and 7, 7 1/2 watts. I maybe should look for wax that can take a higher bulb since they have tons of bulbs in 6 and 7 watt. Now I have 3 fragrance suppliers to sample . I need to figure out the wax soon or I won't have them done for Xmas gifts. LOL