Incense

joyofsoycandle

What are your opinions on this...........if you are making incense for hunters to use outside in the field.....do I even need to use DPG to help it cut back on the soot and smoking? Is that an issue I need to really worry about if they are not being used indoors? What are your opinions? Thanks!

My sister in laws husband is a huge hunter and gets incense sticks already that he uses but wanted me to make them, and i was looking online that you need to mix with DPG to avoid soot and smoking but he and his buddies stick incense sticks in beer bottles and they get them in buck lure and fresh earth scents. He said it was something they used alot of, so I thought I would check into it, but didnt know if it was ok not to use the DPG. I guess im answering my question lol....if it causes more smoke than no, but if its just soot i guess that doesnt matter outdoors. All it seemed the purpose of mixing the DPG and the FO for, were to keep from excessive smoking and soot. So im confused lol

He mentioned that most times they use metal cylinders that have holes in the bottom to put the sticks in, and then a top with holes in it that lets the smoke out, they use the beer bottles in times of crisis LOL. But anyway just wasnt sure if it was completely necessary or not to use the DPG, but from what im hearing i might as well, its inexpensive so thats good. Thanks!