Beginner wick help.....

Ok..so we've made a couple soy candles from a kit from MC..and were very pleased.

We want to buy more than a kit now, and start some testing. We're looking to buy our wax, FO, dye from MC. Would like to buy the wicks from there too.

We have 8 oz jelly jars (about 2" wide jar), and some Kerr jars (about 10 oz, approx. 3 inches wide). Any reccommendations on what wicks we should get?

What do the numbers mean (Example: HTP 104 or HTP 105)...what does the 104 and 105 mean? or in 51-32-18C..what does the 51-32-18C mean?

Thanks......

Hi! Im not sure who "MC" is, Im terrible w/ the abbrevetions. I also can't help w/ the soy part b/c I don't use soy. But there is alot of info to learn when it comes to wicks and maybe someone can help w/ the wicking of those particular jars. But heres a great site to help get you started w/ understanding wicking and the different types.

www.wicksunlimited.com

Just click on the "wicks" tab & find the type of wick your interested in. It will give you all the info. Also just a tip, I requested a catalog from them (free of charge) so I have a great hard copy reference right @ my fingertips when I need to look up wick info. Good luck!