mixing fo in lotion

Guest jurnalynn

Guest jurnalynn

when i make lotion i always mix in the fo at the end of the process after i add the preservative. if i made a large batch of lotion and wanted to add the fo as needed depending on what i needed more of how would i go about doing this? will the fo just mix in or will it give me trouble?

Laura

I always make up a "master batch" of lotion and just scent it as needed, there is no problems doing it this way. You don't need to heat it up or anything. I just measure out the amount I need into a large ziploc bag and add the scent directly to the bag and then zip it up and then squish it until the fo is all mixed in. Then I snip the corner off the bag and squeeze it into the bottles. The fo never separates out or anything, so no need to worry.

Guest jurnalynn

ty thats what i needed to know....i thought i had heard about heating it somewhere but didn't want to because of the preservative

Laura

what about colorant? Can you do the same thing? I always make up my batches of lotion per scent and pour it immediately. It would be nice to master batch it. I like pouring the lotion when it is still a little warm because it is easy like that but I could try the big bag theory too. I only color two of my lotions but wondered if it can be added....cold.

what about colorant? Can you do the same thing? I always make up my batches of lotion per scent and pour it immediately. It would be nice to master batch it. I like pouring the lotion when it is still a little warm because it is easy like that but I could try the big bag theory too. I only color two of my lotions but wondered if it can be added....cold.

Yes you can. It may take a little more mixing, shaking or whatever to blend, but it's very do-able