Dark Castor Oil

ilovescents

I just received a gallon of castor oil that I purchased from Colorado Organics. It is so much darker than the castor oil I purchased from WSP. Furthermore, it has an odor of coffee beans. Any opinions on this? Should I return it? Here's a pic -- dark oil is from Colorado Organics and the lighter one is from WSP.

CP032.jpg?t=1222984310

Actually, there is also a slight odor from the light castor oil but much stronger in the dark oil. I called Colorado Organics and offered to return the oil. The gentleman said that he will refund my full purchase price but I get to keep the oil. He even encouraged me to make a batch with it. I'll make a 2 lb batch and see what happens. I ran out of my master batch which I will replenish as soon as I determine the quality of this castor oil.

I'm very impressed with Colorado Organics' customer service. It's my first purchase from them. It was refreshing to speak to a human being (not a machine) on my first phone call.