This stinks...what to do?

botanica

If that is the way the store wants to do it then there is nothing wrong with doing it that way. The bar code is for their inventory keeping purposes. In my stores, my clients just pull up their inventory on the computer and can tell me which scents have sold. It saves them time rather than having to go over and physically count the product to tell me what they need.

If this is your only account, then you don't have to worry about it. But if you plan on getting other accounts with more precise inventory programs, they will want you to have a code for each scent, etc.

I'm not sure how your client will be able to tell you which scents they are out of without actually counting them. But if that is the way they do it, then you don't have to worry about it.

• 7 months later...
First, congrats on them being interested in your products!

:yay: Woo hoo!!! :yay:

Just curious, did they come to you?

You may want to check out Buy A Bar Code.com.

They have bar codes for as low as a $65 one time registration and $35 a bar code. Bar codes emailed to you to print within 24 hours and everything!

I have read multiple good things about them, there are many reputable members of the Indie Beauty Network who use them.

Good luck!

Even better, I just went to the site and it says a $40 one time registration fee........so you save 15 dollars right there if it was 65 in the past.