Pls help with pricing

gottabt

Hi,

I have an acct that I am making molded candles for without wicks. My cost is only in the fo basically - my wax was free so I do not need to acct for that (but will). I am selling them at a per lb price but where I am not sure is in the labor. My mold only makes 1/2 lb at a time so with repours it is taking much longer than I thought it would.

I am thinking that the cost (whsl) should be about the same as votives. So, if there are 8 votives in a lb and I charge $.75 each for those. So, is $6.00 a lb for the molded candles reasonable? Please help me!

I know you say that the only cost to you is the Fo and time spent but add up what the cost would be to make it if you had to buy everything right now. Also try to do a search for the type of candle it is and see if its comparible to the 6.00 you came up with.

Something to keep in mind... though the wax didn't cost you anything, will it always be free? I mean, just for arguments sake, you used all you wax for their orders, would you be able to get more free or would you have to put out money to replace your wax supply?