Scent a Beads?

pureblisscandles

I just recently used some Scent a Beads from NuScents and noticed the air fresheners I made with them are melting in cars??? I am a nervous wreck as I have 100's out in shops...So far I have gotten 2 complaints and never had this problem when using the ones from BCS Aroma Beads. My question is are these beads different and are some beads not meant to melt and use as airfresheners?

I switched back to BCS Aroma Beads but what is the difference? Anyone know? Anyone have had this happen????:confused:

Lysa

just had another complaint about my longhorns melting....OMG I think I am going to CRY....one of these accounts is a new account and she is selling the air fresheners like crazy!!!! WHAT to do......I do not want to cause alarm with my accounts and kinda hoping the fall weather will save me since the weather is cooler these days but at the same time I want to save face and warn them-just in cause?? I am stuck!

The quality of the beads do make a big difference, (BCN's is the "BEST") but there is also two things to take into consideration. One is NOT to have the hole too close to the edge and the other is to make sure the ornament itself is not to thin. I've seen several ornamants that were so thin, they were bound to melt when the sun beat on them. The thickness of it does make a difference plus in my opinion, look much better. I make mine a good half to three quarter inch thick and there has never been a problem with any of my car fresheners. I would much rather use extra beads than have my customers complaining and returning unwanted products cuz it sure is bad for business.

HTH

The quality of the beads do make a big difference, (BCN's is the "BEST") but there is also two things to take into consideration. One is NOT to have the hole too close to the edge and the other is to make sure the ornament itself is not to thin. I've seen several ornamants that were so thin, they were bound to melt when the sun beat on them. The thickness of it does make a difference plus in my opinion, look much better. I make mine a good half to three quarter inch thick and there has never been a problem with any of my car fresheners. I would much rather use extra beads than have my customers complaining and returning unwanted products cuz it sure is bad for business.

HTH

Those are two very good points. Don't sell unless you've tested your product and can honestly answer one question. Would I buy this?

I hope everyone starting out do these two things and also make sure that you don't over or under bake your beads. I've had beads fall off cause they were under baked and I've had ornies with ugly backs cause they were baked too long.

In fact a friend of mine once commented that my ornies were lethal cause they were so ugly. That was many years ago. :laugh2: