Here goes my dumb question. If my sales tax # is in one name, can....

ScentsandMore

can I use a different name on my product? For instance, my tax id # is in the name of Scents & More, I call my candle line _____ Candles and bath and body line I would call something different or does everything have to be called the same thing or do I have to file each name with the tax office? Thank you.

Mine are all the same.. Easier to remember that way for me.. :rolleyes2

Why wouldn't you keep them all the same name anyways???:confused:

Are you going to be running them as 2 separate business??

It might be easier at tax time if your Candle and B&B are all registered under one name.. (I would think)

Probably cheaper to file your taxes as one business instead of two!!!

I can only speak for what I did/do, so to be 100% sure you should ask your accountant.

Our tax ID is in the name of the original/parent company that we set up years ago. We have an LLC in a different name because by the time we got to that point, the LLC for the tax ID name was already taken. Our business owned 6 websites ~ all different names and URL's. None of this mattered one bit.

Our bank account is in the name of the original company, our merchant account is in the name of the LLC ~ again, doesn't matter. We record everything accurately, report it honestly, and have never had a minute's trouble with anything.