Fading Labels - Resort to pro printing?

tealfrank

I've had it "up to here" with battling label fade on my candles. I've tried every label, spray, and ink combo (ink jet, not laser however) and if the light doesn't get 'em, the heat from the candle does.

Does anyone here have their labels custom/professionally printed?

Who do you use?

Are you satisfied with the results?

My labels are very color intensive (photos) and when they fade it's VERY obvious.

Thanks for your help.

Hi, :)

I use Print My Thing: http://www.printmything.com/t20/Custom-Print.html

I only get my spa labels printed through them right now but will be changing my tags on my main line to labels so I will have them print them as well. My spa labels are not real colorful so I can't really judge how their colored labels will be regarding the fading. The spa lables are black and silver foil. I would recommend a coating for sure if you get these type of labels done -- black and silver foil - because they will nic in boxes when packed. They have great customer service and are fast. Ask for Jamie.

Excellent info! So, Luminarias. no problem with their labels fading? Do you have lots of color on your labels? This has just been such a problem for me. I don't really want to pay pro printing prices, but I'm horrified when I see one of my candles three months later and the label has "turned". If I knew how to solve the problem myself, I would continue to print my own.