clamshell questions

Hi :)

I was wondering which of these waxes would work with the clamshells.

I could only get my hands on so many and Ive already ruined one with IGI comfort blend ~LOL...what WAS I thinking?!~

I have these waxes:

From KY: 125,parasoy and perfect blend.

and then I have some J223 and J50.

I appreciate any and all help on this.

Also,do you all color your's?

Think they would sell ok with no color?

Thanks!

Jenn, the KY125 will work fine in the clamshells, and release without leaving wax behind, but I'm not sure about the others, except J50. I actually have all of those waxes here, but use them mixed in different ways.

I am able to get the J50 to release easily from the clamshells that are NOT ones WSP sells. I was using the ones that are flatter and the lid doesn't come permanently attached, do you know which ones I mean? I've used J50 in those many times and the bar of wax popped out in one piece without any damage to either the wax or the clamshell. I think the WSP clamshells are a good bit deeper and the cavities are a little different so I don't know if the J50 will release from those.

I haven't poured the Parasoy or Perfect Blend into clamshells so I don't know, but I've found, just from my own experimenting, that if the wax comes to me in slabs and the slabs aren't soft, I can usually make tarts with it and it'll work. If I can push my finger on the wax and cause a huge indent, it usually won't work in the clamshells.

I do color mine, but you don't have to......

DanaE

Jenn, the KY125 will work fine in the clamshells,

I am able to get the J50 to release easily from the clamshells that are NOT ones WSP sells. I was using the ones that are flatter and the lid doesn't come permanently attached, do you know which ones I mean? I've used J50 in those many times and the bar of wax popped out in one piece without any damage to either the wax or the clamshell. I think the WSP clamshells are a good bit deeper and the cavities are a little different so I don't know if the J50 will release from those.

DanaE

Hi Dana,thank you very much :)

I am using the ones that come in 2 pieces.

I got to thinking about it and that makes alot of sense!I should have thought that if I had to scoop that wax out of the bag that it never would of come out of the shell...LOL....

I am going to try the parasoy and perfect blend today.

Thanks!

I use clamshells for leftovers from pouring my containers with J50. I don't sell them, just use them for myself and they come out okay. I think that a mix of votive and container wax pops out easier, but they still come out fine and smell great.

Thank you so much!

I have a bunch of J50,I think I'll make a few of those too.