cutest way to package soap petals

erikatx

so I offered to make soap petals as a wedding favor, but I don't know in what way to package them. I am thinking clear little boxes 3x3x3... seems kinda boring, though I am thinking of adding a big bow or flower on the top. Any input? TIA!

Frosted glass flower pots is how I packaged them before. Put the petals in their own cello bag and place it inside the flower pot. But then again, these were the larger size flower pots.

You could take a votive size though and put that with the petals inside the bags, place a card inside.

---or simply put them in the organza bags with a hang tag.

I just gave some soap petals to a friend today for her birthday. What I did was to put the petals on a plate (I have been collecting small plates and saucers from Goodwill and places like that to put my lotion bars on) and then wrapped it in cellophane and tied it with some curling ribbon. The plates I have found are sorta antique looking and I paid from .25 to .99 each. It looked pretty cute if I do say so myself :tongue2:

I've been collecting small to med. glass bowls from garage sales etc. I've gotten some really great antique crystal ones that I'm dying to use, but I haven't ventured into the soap petals yet, although I love USING them (got some from my last secret buddy), and my kids do too! :D

If you go to the business section and look at Elizabeth's post about her open house, you'll see she did hers in little clear boxes and fancied them up with the silk leaves and looks to be a whole silk rose flattened and then wrapped in ribbon. ;) Very pretty.

I like the bowl or plate idea, b/c that actually becomes your dispenser, you simply put that by the sink, and you're ready to go. :)

I meant to say "thanks girls!" The plates seem like a neat idea, just too many plates to collect and she might want a consistant look... so I think I might stay with clear boxes. She's already going to have votives (in the holders) on her table, so I wouldn't want to put the petals in votive cups...

thanks ladies!