Seller's Portfolio for Products

juliejak

Greetings all,

I have been unable to find this information on the board, so I'll ask. I have a woman who would like to sell my handmade and premade base bath and body products in her salon. What information do you supply buyers with? A catalog of your products? Ingredient lists (besides the label) Business license copy? etc.

And if you DO make some of your products from premade bases do you then supply them with the info from the company you buy from?

Thank you for your input you all are very very helpful!

Julie:D

I assume she is buying wholesale. If so a scent list, wholesale cost and if she wants you to do a private label or use yours.

If lotion of course all bottles MUST be labeled that she sells and you also sell.That to me is all you need.Ingredients, weight and company info.For candles just put weight, name etc.

You need her Tax ID but she shouldn't need yours. If she is local you charge tax but of out of state no tax charge.

I see no reason you supply them with the company's info where you get the pre-made lotion etc.She would not need that at all. Just label the ingredients on the bottle.

I hope to be working on a wholesale account soon and we have been over pricing,shipping,fragrances.Now just waiting if they want to wholesale with us.

I assume she purchased your products and interested. I still would leave a few samples and the other info above. Main thing is getting wholesale cost down pat. Delivery too if she is local.

LynnS

:grin2: Wow, ask and you shall recieve! Thank you for giving me an outline of what to expect. I guess I started wondering while reading about getting insurance, they said you will have to supply notes of research and development of your products, and I

wondered if you had to show all that to a buyer.

I really appreciate, since my eyeballs are going to fall out from reading forum posts back to the discovery of soap.......