for those who

chrisasst

Do you do any custom scent/color combos? If so, you are a bit restricted on what you can stock. I find with friends/co-workers it's always the same question. "What do you have with you?" I keep a case of a variety of candles in my office at work. Many last minute birthday presents have been bought that way.

sell mainly to coworkers, family, neighbors and people like that. Do you make candles to order or do you make candles ahead of time and let them sit on the shelf until you get an order?

which would be better.

This is exactly my business so far and I make to order.

Do you do any custom scent/color combos? If so, you are a bit restricted on what you can stock. I find with friends/co-workers it's always the same question. "What do you have with you?" I keep a case of a variety of candles in my office at work. Many last minute birthday presents have been bought that way.

Very, very good point. So it kinda seems to me like your answer at this point would be to keep a few of your best sellers on hand for spur of the moment purchases and then fill orders as they come in.

Very, very good point. So it kinda seems to me like your answer at this point would be to keep a few of your best sellers on hand for spur of the moment purchases and then fill orders as they come in.

That is exactly what I do. Some people are reluctant to place a special order but will buy if you have someone already made up. Sometimes I just give them my list and say I have them at home. Then I scurry on home and make up what they want if I don't have it on hand! :grin2:

I have on my website made to order and just what I do.For craft shows I take what i have on hand (if a few months old) and also make some fresh that are the better sellers. In your case I would have a few made and if they don't like those scents then give them a list to order.

Doing shows for 5 years I do know it is that certain fragrance people want and most of the time. The only one they are looking for.

People have come by my booth and say do you have Apple Pie?If I say no they keep walking.

LynnS