Olive Oil Candles by Old Va

Interesting. So when they say "pure olive oil candle" it is sort of a play on words. It contains pure olive mixed with paraffin. Carole

I guess it is the same thing as soy candles. If there is at least 70% soy you can legally call it a soy candle. (I believe this is what I read on somewhere on the rules you have to follow on some soy advertisement site). You may even be able to say "made with 100% soy". I sure know I have seen this on candles that I know are not 100% soy. Not sure about the word "pure". I am afraid that it will have that smell to it, but maybe not. I may try it someday just for the heck of it.

As a consumer, I'd question the shelf life of an olive oil product. I also think olive oil has a rather distinct odor, so I'd worry about the scent getting buried. Now that I really think about it ... how much olive oil could they really be using, cause OO is quite expensive & it's really dense ... I would think it would really clog a wick. Seems like another marketing ploy that will further scramble the public's reality.

BTW, Bug -- are you in party mode for WestFest? Do you have a booth? Have fun & grab a turkey leg for me!

Susan.