Whats a good starting point when adding FO

ebarnes

Try adding in increments of 1 tsp per lb. And smell. If you want stronger fragrance add another tsp. Add up to 1 tbs (3 tsp) per lb of soap base. You can add more but I find more than that makes my skin break out. Normally I use either 2 tsp or 1 tbs per lb. Depends on the strength of the fragrance.

For example, lavender is strong so I use 1-2 tsp. Vanilla or citrus oils are light so I add up to 1 tbs per lb.

HTH

Edited to add: For essential oils you want to start out using about 1/3 or 1/2 as much.

Try adding in increments of 1 tsp per lb. And smell. If you want stronger fragrance add another tsp. Add up to 1 tbs (3 tsp) per lb of soap base. You can add more but I find more than that makes my skin break out. Normally I use either 2 tsp or 1 tbs per lb. Depends on the strength of the fragrance.

For example, lavender is strong so I use 1-2 tsp. Vanilla or citrus oils are light so I add up to 1 tbs per lb.

HTH

Edited to add: For essential oils you want to start out using about 1/3 or 1/2 as much.

I use 1 oz pp for most scents. Some I need 1.5 oz. though :)