Linen Spray--Does It Sell?

Alajane

I've mixed up a few test batches of linen spray and really like it, but I just can't imagine that people would pay what I would have to charge for it. My cost for a 2-oz is $1.43 and $2.19 for a 4-oz bottle. Even at wholesale prices, I can't imagine people being willing to pay $3 for 2 oz; maybe $4.50 for 4 oz, but even that seems a stretch to me.

I think my problem is that I'm a cheapskate at heart and always compare prices to dollar store prices--whereas hopefully customers will be comparing to department stores!

Do you mind sharing what you charge for this and if it sells for you?

TIA,

Jane

Thanks so much for the responses--I just thought $5 sounded high for 4 oz, but I'm going to give it a try--I have a show coming up Labor Day weekend and I'm going to make some of those to sell individually, along with including them in some gift bags.

Appreciate the help.

Jane

For me when I had them marked at $5 I could not give them away I jumped the price up to $6.50 they started flying of the shelves. Do not underrate them.

After making them for years They are just an okay sellers for me.

Humans are weird that way. Try to sell them a 16 oz candle for $5 bucks and their like, "Whats wrong with it." Try to sell it at normal price, 14-16$ and its like its an entirely different product.

The September edition of Domino magazine was promoting the "sheet spray/linen spray" on page 92.

I'm thinking of giving it a whirl.

They said to mix your FO and Distilled water. Is that all you have to do?

Did a search here and there is more to it than what Domino suggests. lol