Made a few suggested changes

Jokerjen

Guest scrapgabbie

l love the prim look :-)

l also design websites, and as Ivan said, l personally would reduce the size (or amount of) link buttons along the left hand side. Some of the more 'non product' ones like contact us/guestbook/registry etc - could they be moved to a top or bottom navigation bar? (l've got no idea of whether you are using a prebuilt store system or not though, so please excuse my ignorance!) Another thing you could do is make them shorter in height but wider, so that a user doesn't have to scroll so far down the page to view all of them. Ideally the most important parts of the front page should all be viewable when it first loads, without minimal scrolling on the user's part. (note l said ideally - not always practical!)

l don't mind the spinny thing too much, but l am not a fan of anything that takes a while to load on a page, l had a big blank spot for quite a few seconds when the rest of the page had already loaded. Personally l would leave it off. You have such great product, l would actually love to see a few rows of plain neatly cropped image thumbnails here instead, which would load alot faster, and provide a really snappy link directly to each group of products they represent. (again, l didn't click on any of the spinny images, do they link to each of your site sections?)

You've done a great job though, and your candles are yum *g*

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like going on or shopping sites that have those stars or heart that trail behind when you use your mouse.Different/unique but not for me.I feel I have something tailing behind me when am wanting to just look and maybe buy.Don't see it to often but do see some sites that way.

Never seen a site where something is revolving. It would be different and unique but not sure how shoppers would feel.I guess it would make some feel a little tipsy.

LynnS

I think your doing a great job. I wouldn't think of doing it myself...but then again I am not computer savvy! We had ours done and we still are tweeking it. It is going to be an on going change. Our pictures are up for change, we just sent over to give them building blocks. We have changed a few products, working on new things, constantly changing to get what we want. That is where I have a problem.. I didn't want anything up till it was exactly what I wanted...but you have to start some where. So keep up the good work and you will find what your looking for....LeeAnn~