Apple Jack & Peel vs. Mulled Cider

coconut

Im replying to my own reply lmao. Im thinking where i got my scent from, that i was given something totally different. I just did a search on this scent, and it says it has a clove base. Mine does not smell at all like it has clove in it, It just smells like a fresh apple, very crisp. hmmm. Now i need to order this from a real supplier to see if i got screwed lol.

That's funny! I remember getting mislabled wicks one time, and wondering what the heck? because it was a sample pack! For what it is worth, my Apple Jack & Peel is from Peak's, and the Mulled Cider is from Lonestar. BTW, I also have Peak's Macintosh Apple and that is a great crisp, clean apple scent with no spice in it. Thank for your input.

Coconut it was about equal. The Mulled cider is actually a dupe from a line of candles but can't remember which one it was and the AJ&P is a dupe of Claire Burke. Actually right now my most popular spicy scent has been Celtic Moon Spice or either Amish Quilt from Aroma Haven.

Wow. I'm going crazy trying to decide. A lot of people say the Mulled Cider is a best seller. Personally I like the AJ&P better, but it didn't sell well for me. I can't decide if I want to add another spicy apple scent or not....what to do, what to do.

Coconut - since fall is right around the corner, I would probably give the Mulled Cider a try. It is a much spicier scent than the AJ&P. I have seen on some sites and suppliers also I think where they show the Apple Jack & Peel as a holiday scent during Christmas. You might could try just using the AJ&P during Christmas and see if you have better results. Even though I am not in favor of renaming you may could give it a holiday name and see what happens.

Now this is just me but I didn't notice that much of an apple scent in the Mulled cider. Lonestar says - Green floral bouquet of apple and spices with a sweet background. Maybe come up with a different description and leave the apples out. I just smell the real spicy mix.

Where is that thread about Memory???? The above is a description for AJ&P. Here is Mulled Cider - Spicy bouquet of apple, clove, orange and cinnamon topnotes with a sweet musky background. This is about the color I make it also!!!!! Just leave apple out of the description Spicy bouquet of clove, orange, and cinnamon with a sweet musky background.

I like the AJ&P much better. I really hate any of the "mulled" scents (guess my nose is just different than many others. I have one each, 16 oz bottles of WYW Mulled Cider and regular BCN Mulled Cider I should put in the classies.

I think the Mulled Cider was a dupe of a Home Interior Candle I had got before I started making candles. I loved it and so did my sister and shortly after I started making candles. Got to looking and found the one at LS. I think it was a very good dupe the best I can remember.

I like the AJ&P much better. I really hate any of the "mulled" scents (guess my nose is just different than many others. I have one each, 16 oz bottles of WYW Mulled Cider and regular BCN Mulled Cider I should put in the classies.

I love AJ&P but it doesn't sell for me either. I use Cinnamon Cider from Tenn mix a little from WYW and it sells really well. Bought MC from BCN by mistake and it smells nothing like MC from WYW.. bummer...

Grama, I think you are right on the button there. It does smell more spicy than appley. I haven't done too well with spicy scents so far. Guess I'll hit my testers with this one...

Thanks again, everyone, I really appreciate all the input!

Sharon,

Thanks for the tip on mixing with the WYW. It's just too expensive to not use. I know everyone is not going to always like what I like or dislike, but it's difficult for me to sell a scent that even I don't like. I wish I had more imagination when it comes to mixing scents (and more time for testing them), then maybe I could use up so many FO's I have sitting around.