Polawax

ladysj

For those of you that use this would you say that it's comparable to btms or better than btms. Pro's and con's on this greatly appreciated.

I absolutely love btms I won't use ewax anymore however, I do have some ewax nf is this as waxy feeling as ewax?

I'm looking for alternatives to the ewax which btms is exactly what I've been looking for but would like to know about polawax and maybe do a 50-50 between the 2.

Thanks for any input, suggestions.

I dont know what polawax is .. or what BTMs means ..

can you help me with those 2 things

For those of you that use this would you say that it's comparable to btms or better than btms. Pro's and con's on this greatly appreciated.

I absolutely love btms I won't use ewax anymore however, I do have some ewax nf is this as waxy feeling as ewax?

I'm looking for alternatives to the ewax which btms is exactly what I've been looking for but would like to know about polawax and maybe do a 50-50 between the 2.

Thanks for any input, suggestions.

Polawax= emuslifiying wax (emulsifier)

BTMS= Benhentrimonium Methosulfate (another emulsifier, there's different kinds out there)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Polawax just a "name brand" of ewax? I've heard some people say that Polawax works better than other "brands" of ewax. Sandra, I've used half and half ewax and btms in my lotion and butter recipes, but never tried it half and half in my scrubs. It would no doubt definitely work, but don't know if it will feel the same way. Let me know if you try it! I'm very curious!

I personally got away from using ewax in scrubs because it left behind a "waxy" feeling after rinsing, so I tried BTMS and never looked back. BTMS is sorta on the expensive side, so I also use stearic and Poly 20 in my scrub recipe, to help cut down the costs.

I'm so loving the btms and would rather have it cost a little more and have a great product than the waxy feeling from ewax. I do believe my customers will be happier with it as well.

I tried some of the scrub in the shower the other night and it even massaged up like a nice cream affect so I think I'll stick with what I've got for now. I have no idea how to or much stearic & Poly 20 to incorporate in it. I'm pretty much a need directions kind of person I'm not much on experimenting. :laugh2::laugh2:Plus I can't really afford to waste any ingredients at this point and time.

I use Polawax... and don't think it leaves a waxy feel. Those who have gotten lotions from me in swaps (recent ones, please!)could provide a more objective opinion, but I get no comments or complaints of that nature from customers.
I dont think Polawax is waxy either. I have to admit, I make a pretty mean body butter and I have never heard anthything about a wax feeling. I supposed if too much is used it would.

Yep, you two make some mean lotions and butters. :bow:

Very luxurious feeling and oh so lovely to use!

I don't think Polawax is waxy either in lotions and butters, but in scrubs, I cannot for the LIFE OF ME get my scrubs to give me that "soft feeling" after rinsing it off my body, I'm always left with a waxy after feeling if I use ewax in my scrubs, that's why I've been stickin' to BTMS.

For the people that use ewax/polawax, what % are you using in your scrub recipes?