Jojoba with Olive Squalane?

SoyKandles

Is it overkill to use Jojoba & Olive Squalane together in a facial serum? They both are similar to human sebum, but is it beneficial to have both in a serum?

Since I'm over 50 I need to help my aging skin out as much as I can!! So I'm trying make something great for my skin.

• 2 weeks later...
Since they both have the same sort of properties, I would guess that only one would be needed to make an effective facial serum. Try it both ways and see which you like better.

This is not true, you are miss-understanding the post. Both oils do-not have the exact same "properties".

One oil mimics the skins own natural "Sebum" and the other oil mimics the skins own natural "Squalene". They have similar characteristics, as they both absorb without clogging the pores.

A serum with both in them would be great!!!

Olive Squalene has great repairing and healing benefits (mostly for the top and outside layers of the skin, an emollient)

Jojoba has a lot of moisturizing and nourishing properties to nourish on this inside and moisturize from the inside out.

Since jojoba is a FAST absorbing oil, when applying it with another oil, it can help the squalene absorb faster as well.

Thanks for your help Carrie. How about adding Rose Hip Oil to the serum with the Jojoba & Squalene? Would this be beneficial? I thought once I read Rose Hip Oil could possibly clog pores, but when I tried to find that information again I couldn't find it. What do you think Carrie?

Thanks!

Susan