Any feedback on this hosting?

candlegrl

I checked the BBB for ya:

http://www.vegasbbb.org/rptrel.asp?bbbid=76977

I think the two biggest standouts is that they stopped answering complaints and this:

As of 6/6/2008, the Bureau has been UNABLE to confirm this company has a valid local business license for the locale in which they operate. IF A CONSUMER DOES BUSINESS WITH AN UNLICENSED FIRM, THEY DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK.

And the Ripoff Report I searched came up with these complaints:

http://ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=startlogic.com&Search=Search

hmmmm.... let me tell what just happened to me. I started using them as my host last year. The customer service was non-existent. I switched hosts but my domain was registered with them for a year. This past month, I received a notice from them that my domain was about to expire. I decided to renew for another year. THEY CHARGED ME FOR TWO YEARS! When I called them to request that they credit me for a year, they told me that it was too late. They had registered me for two years and it couldn't be changed. I spend literally hours trying to talk to someone but could never get through. They left me on hold forever. I am now in the long process of reporting this to my cc company, etc. BEWARE!

Thanks!

hmmmm.... let me tell what just happened to me. I started using them as my host last year. The customer service was non-existent. I switched hosts but my domain was registered with them for a year. This past month, I received a notice from them that my domain was about to expire. I decided to renew for another year. THEY CHARGED ME FOR TWO YEARS! When I called them to request that they credit me for a year, they told me that it was too late. They had registered me for two years and it couldn't be changed. I spend literally hours trying to talk to someone but could never get through. They left me on hold forever. I am now in the long process of reporting this to my cc company, etc. BEWARE!

I could recommend one of my hosts, GoDaddy, because I haven't had problems with them, but many people have... the other one sucks and will be replaced, but I haven't decided with whom I wanna go... I looked at GlowHost and IDC but Glowhost's netblock owner is the same as the guys I am trying to get rid of... but everything else about them looked pretty good. I like a lot of what I saw at ICD, but its home offices are in Hong Kong (they have data centers in Boston, Hong Kong and Frankfort) and ya have to pay a year up front. No more of that for me... I don't wanna pay more than 3 months up front because I don't wanna get stuck when things suddenly go south (as they have at other hosts I have had over the years). My best suggestion is to go to hostjury and READ the reviews and look at the recent stats... then go to webhosting talk and search for the companies you are interested in from hostjury and see what kind of dirt or compliments are posted by customers in the forums there, then check out their stats and netblock owner with Netcraft... then of the ones that make it that far, go to their sites and do some side-by-side comparisons. Hopefully, there will be only one left after that process. If not, either flip a coin, do eenie-meenie, miney, moe or wait for another month or so and repeat the process. Before signing up, email their sales and support with questions to see how long it takes them to get back to you and whether they answer your question or simply confuse you further... *faint*

Even if you are not looking for a new host, it pays to scan webhosting talk every month or so to see if other customers are having problems with your host, etc. It can be a "heads up" before a host goes under... ;)

That can be some very helpful info for folks considering this company. That was very thoughtful of you to find this information and post it.

I checked the BBB for ya:

http://www.vegasbbb.org/rptrel.asp?bbbid=76977

I think the two biggest standouts is that they stopped answering complaints and this:

As of 6/6/2008, the Bureau has been UNABLE to confirm this company has a valid local business license for the locale in which they operate. IF A CONSUMER DOES BUSINESS WITH AN UNLICENSED FIRM, THEY DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK.

And the Ripoff Report I searched came up with these complaints:

http://ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=startlogic.com&Search=Search