Mineral Oil/Coconut Oil

Has anyone every used mineral oil in paraffin or soy instead of coconut oil? I wanted to try to mottle some container wax - 4786 - with mineral oil but it didn't mottle. Guess you need straight paraffin for it to work. But - I am getting the best and cleanest burn and I think the throw is really good. Now I say think because between candlenose and sinuses I have to be having an excellent day to smell candles burning. But I made two of the straight/salsa type 9oz jars and the one I have not burned when I take the lid off it is really strong. Made JS Welcome Home at 1 oz pp and added 1.5 oz mineral oil. Also the wax adhesion to jar is excellent. Have I discovered something new or is it a fluke?:shocked2:

The main reason that people use coconut oil with soy waxes is because it is a veggie oil. Mineral oil is not a veggie oil, so folks wanting to use veggie-derived products in their candles might not choose this solution. For those who do not mind using petro-derived waxes and oils in their soy blends, I feel sure it could work quite nicely. Just depends on what you are wanting to use in your candles. If it works for you, go for it. :)

Preblends won't mottle, unless that's what they are designed to do, and any straight paraffin will mottle on its own without mineral oil. Adding mineral oil actually is just more oil that is in the wax, which can not hold much oil without additives. In the past you had to use vybar, which inhibits mottle, to get the wax to hold what most consider a good amount of fragrance oil to scent the candle, but there are now additives to increase the amount of oil the wax can hold without negatively affecting the mottle of the wax.