Way Systems Wireless Credit Card Processing

I did a search and did not find anyone that uses this system..

Way Systems Wireless Terminal

http://merchantwarehouse.com/credit_card_machines/way_systems_mtt?cpao=149&kw=way+systems&gclid=CJCoyvaUu5QCFQFvHgod8GqRSw

With all the FACTA regulations and for the safety of my customers personal information, I am about ready to give up my good Ole' Knuckle Buster. :rolleyes2

Anyone use this system??? Any problems with reception??

Anyone ever use merchant warehouse for processing??? TIA

(All I wanted to do today was order more knuckle buster CC slips... Now I may go wireless!!! UGHH..) :rolleyes2

Before you you spend that much on that system, look around at the other wireless processors and terminals. I personally opted for a much nicer terminal with thermal printer that came free for as long as I had a merchant account with the company. It only cost me a 10.00 statement fee, a 15 dollar wireless fee per month. After that you simply pay .23 per transaction plus a percentage of the sale that ranges from 0% for debit cards with the pin entered to only 1.59% for credit cards. HTH.

PS: The WAY system can be found much cheaper. I have found the comlete terminal $50 at a closeout store that was still in its packaging.

[quote=southern.scents;683333

PS: The WAY system can be found much cheaper. I have found the comlete terminal $50 at a closeout store that was still in its packaging. WOW:shocked2:

Which wireless system did you get???

Thompson Merchant has the complete Way system for $399.00 (That is the best I have found so far)

Thompsons fees are about what you quoted, and I am waiting a reply from merchant warehouse for their fees.

Do you mind me asking who you use for your merchant for processing ??

THANKS!!

We use Termnet and rent out terminal. It's a Nurit 2085 sadly it's not wireless. Where we go for faires there is little or no reception so we use the knuckle buster.

What I am attempting this coming weekend is the Store & Forward ability of the terminal. You can swipe the card and it stores the transaction till you can upload it later. I've rigged up a lawnmower battery and a power inverter to run it.

The draw back to the S&F is you accept all responsibility, there is no phone # to call the customer about a problem unless you ask for a # when they sign the receipt.

What I am attempting this coming weekend is the Store & Forward ability of the terminal. You can swipe the card and it stores the transaction till you can upload it later. I've rigged up a lawnmower battery and a power inverter to run it.

The Way is capable of doing that too in case of bad reception.

Here is a map of their coverage area..

http://www.waysystems.com/gprs_map.php

Let us know how you make out with the S&T...

I use www.paymentouch.com for my processing where you can get your choice of two different terminals for free as long as you have a merchant account with them. They also offer check services, gift cards, and signature capturing and storing plus you also have the reliability of an overnight replacement if your terminal is ever damaged. They even offer the Way terminal if you are just set on that certain one plus its the new model. I personally don't use the WAY. I wish that I would have purchased the one I found for $ 50 dollars but when I saw it, but I never figured I would be processing credit cards in my lifetime. Here is just another hint, check out ebay and search user paymentouch where this company offers a better selection of free terminals.:smiley2: HTH

Okay so i'm back from faire, and it was a blast. But back to the topic.

Store & Forward - Works well, I came home Saturday night uploaded them and batched them. Did the same about an hour ago. I'll see what the difference in the fee's are between the knuckle buster and swiping at the end of the month, but i do believe they are cheaper.

Using the battery and power inverter worked great, I bought a 400W one because it came with the alligator type clamps to clip on the battery terminals then screw onto the back of the inverter. Dripped a couple of holes into the plastic battery cover i also bought for the wires to go through and plugged in the terminal, I'm sold on doing that the rest of the year.