lower price or higher price

this has probably been talked about before but I can't find it..

ok I am torn about the following....

should I have a lower price point with not so professional looking labels and packaging ( items will still look good, just not like the pros)

or should I spend more on labels and packaging and charge more for products?

I am sure it probably matters on who I am selling to right? If I ever got wholesale accounts, should I spend more to make them look better and charge more. How about selling at craft fairs, co workers and etc...should I worry about looks and charge less?

I hope I making sense here..

Packaging Matters.. It represents your company and you.

If I see a horrible label slapped onto a product, then to me that says

"This product will probably suck ~ Bad Label = Bad Product."

Packaging is what the customer sees first.

(First Impression) That is what will get their attention.

Put the $$ into it..

It will be well worth it.

(US Box makes custom labels for .08 each) Well Worth It..

IMO, I think it depends where you are selling it. If I saw a cheap label at a spa - then yeah, I'd think twice. If I saw one at the flea market, I wouldn't think so much about it, because I'd be more inclined to think they are a home based company without a lot of capital.

IMO, I think it depends where you are selling it. If I saw a cheap label at a spa - then yeah, I'd think twice. If I saw one at the flea market, I wouldn't think so much about it, because I'd be more inclined to think they are a home based company without a lot of capital.

Yep. Here, kinda cheesy, canning jar and homemade labels are appealing and "homemade", whereas the "nice" jars with professional labels don't catch people's eyes. People assume that they are made by a bigger company. Even just using nice fonts on clear labels on nice jars, people are wowed that I could make that myself... like they've never seen a clear label and a laser printer before. It all depends on your audience. Check your market first- if it's a "crafty" market, you may do better with the handmade look. If it's high end, you'll make the money to cover the high end look.

-Kristi