wicking a concave

I marked the center of the mold and had my spouse drill a wick hole for me. I have done this on several molds that I have purchased as good deals on ebay.

thank you! makes me scratch my head as to why they would make a concave with no wick hole!

Chris

Chris, you can also buy wick centering tools for molds without a hole in the bottom. You can get them at Bittercreek and also Rob's wick centering tools. He has all sizes and the rods come with them. They are life savers for me on funky sized molds or molds without a hole in the bottom. (to see what I'm talking about, go to Bitter Creek North's website and do a search for wick centering tools. A picture says a thousand words).

Without the wick centering tool I would have never been able to get my 6x6 3-wick mold straight. Even though it has holes in the bottom....I simply tape over the holes and use the wick centering tool and they come out beautifully:wink2:

DanaE

Chris, you can also buy wick centering tools for molds without a hole in the bottom. You can get them at Bittercreek and also Rob's wick centering tools. He has all sizes and the rods come with them.
Don't you still need the hole to center the bottom of the rod? I use Rob's WCTs but I don't know how I'd use them without wick holes.