Palm wicking and looks

Hi. Just wondering how you wick a 3" wide tumbler with palm...at least I think it is palm....it is 6010 from Let it Shine. Apparently it has been discontinued but she has a bunch. I hate testing something I may not be able to get in the future, but it is really great smelling at 6.3% FO, pretty and is crystally (spelling/word?) when set up. It is very hard...it this normal for palm? I tried a htp 105 and after 3 hours, it burned a 1 1/2-2" area down. Didn't realize that palm is different melting so put a bigger wick in and it smoked some so stopped. On search, I saw that palm does burn differently, so maybe I should go back and try again with the 105 htp? It is so hard, I may need a drill to make the wick hole anew! If the cold throw wasn't so very good, I'd put it away with all the other rejected waxes. But, it is pretty and smells really great. I swear it would make votives, but it is a container wax and doesn't shrink. Any palm suggestions? TIA. Beth

I'm not familiar with that particular product, but you have seen for yourself how palm burns "differently." I make some palm container votives, but mostly I use the pillar blend of palm wax for molded votives and pillars.

I use CDN wicks for palm and really like their performance. For a 3" diameter container, I would start with a 12, but dunno what to suggest for other wick types...

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun - hope you enjoy the wax! :)

Hi Stella. Just happened to read the blurb and ordered it when I ordered some 6036 cuz it sounded sort of neat. It just said crystalline, but now realize it must be palm. Right? I'll try a cd 12. This is for fun only, though after seeing some of the palm patterns, it had crossed my mind to try it once...so once is now. I think I'll have to burn it if I want my container back! Not at all like soy for sure. Thanks. Beth

I have been testing crystalline from candlewic. I use RRD50 and it burns quite nice but can leave wax behind, RRD55 burns great BUT with both these wicks I find that when you get halfway down the container the wicks dance and at the end you always get black soot around the top of the glass. Tried other wicks but they are not good for palm. I think this is always a problem with palm and can't see a solution. Anyone out there?