Peak's Cinnamon Balsam

I CP it one time it turned out smelling great held its scent with out looking at notes i can not say for sure how it behaved but i got a swirl and top is not rough so it could not have gotten to thick i am sure i did full water. i made it for my niece for christmas so it was a one time deal.

SYR, here's what you can expect from it. Sorry to have delayed in getting back. I just soaped it and had hoped to do so sooner.

Expect A and D. I soaped with my usual recipe, which is heaviest in coconut, olive and lard. I went full water, because of the spice and the pine-family notes, both which have moved on me before. I wouldn't say you shouldn't take a water discount, but I wouldn't make it a heavy one unless you're going one color or no color. I went two.

Soaped with cool temps, about 80 on this with FO added ahead of time to the oils. I didn't need to use a stick, but did to try to get a layer to move faster. With lye added, it gave a banana pudding yellow, but that will change in about 1-2 minutes to a pinkish red that will darken. The only thing that went brown on me was the green, since green and red make brown. I used Select Shades and the greens typically go brown on me. Maybe it will change in 24 hours. Maybe it won't. The other half I did in red and that just darkened to a more cinnamon red.

Now I had time to do a tilted layer, spooning the second layer on and a little bit of time to shove slash some verdigris gold on top, but couldn't really get to the end. I did a 1.8 lb batch and the mold will make approx. seven bars.

Smells great right now. Can't comment on scent morphing since it's just too fresh.

This is the color you can expect in uncolored soap.

[ATTACH]15881[/ATTACH]

This is what it looked like going to bed.

[ATTACH]15882[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458448205_thumb.jpg

post-23-139458448206_thumb.jpg