Anyone sell Fragrance Oil Lamps?

KMommy

I am not even sure if that is the correct name for them. Several years ago when they first became popular I was told by someone that had one they couldn't be beat for scent(strong throw). I passed a display for them in a gift shop and they were very expensive so I didn't bother to look closer at them and see what they were all about. Is this simply a lamp design that you pour fragrance oil into and it burns by a wick like a kerosene lamp? Do you use specific oils for the lamp or they safe for use with the FO's we use for candlemaking? What do you guys think of them and if you sell them what is your price range?

Here is a picture of the type of lamps I am refering to.

http://www.islandlatitudes.com/redolere.htm

I am not even sure if that is the correct name for them. Several years ago when they first became popular I was told by someone that had one they couldn't be beat for scent(strong throw). I passed a display for them in a gift shop and they were very expensive so I didn't bother to look closer at them and see what they were all about. Is this simply a lamp design that you pour fragrance oil into and it burns by a wick like a kerosene lamp? Do you use specific oils for the lamp or they safe for use with the FO's we use for candlemaking? What do you guys think of them and if you sell them what is your price range?

Here is a picture of the type of lamps I am refering to.

http://www.islandlatitudes.com/redolere.htm

I have seen them in a few stores and the oil/fuel stuff that you use in them smells like crap to me. I didnt like the way it smelled while it was burning in the store either. Kinda neat idea, but too high of a price and the scent quality was not there. I dont think you will see them around very long. Bruce

Thanks for responding! I wonder if it was the selection of oil they were burning? They have been selling here for at least 5years. They seem to be pretty popular because I see ads for them locally all of the time. When they were first being offered I remember the display I saw had them for sale starting at around 70.00. That's why I didn't even bother to stop and take a closer look. A co-worker thought they were the best thing since slice bread. She paid the orginal 70.00 for one. She also told me that she could smell the scent days after it had last been lit. So maybe just like the FO's we use in our candles the quality makes a difference with the FO for these lamps as well. Love to hear from anyone that sells them?